- The site may be in a remote area.
- Rough treatment can damage frail smartphones.
- Workers are exposed to dirt, dust, wind, rain, and mud; all are hostile to the workings of smartphones.
- Surrounding noise from construction machinery can drown out telephone conversation.
- Telephones are frequently dropped on hard surfaces.
- Bright sunlight can “wash out” the smartphone’s screen.
- Many smartphones cannot use applications unique to construction, personnel for planning, executing and following up on a project’s progress.
Runbo Communication Devices offer the following features to combat the effects of the construction environment: